Friday, April 25, 2008

Coming soon to Louisiana Lineage Legacies -Jefferson family photographs!



I have great news! An aunt(cousin) Jane sent me photographs of most of my Jefferson line including my Great-Great grandparents, Issac "Tooke" Jefferson and his wife Jane Brayboy Jefferson and another photograph of all their daughters which represents 6 of their 12 children.


I have heard about this family all my life and wrote stories about them based on family oral history and genealogical documents but I must say that a picture is worth a thousand words.

Being able to put a face with a profile is immeasurable. These photographs were in the family all along. That just validates what I have been saying for years, you have to check with ALL your family members especially the older ones to see what pictures may be hiding in their photo albums, closets or attics. It also proves the old addage, "Ask and You shall receive!


The pictures look to be taken around the turn of century in the late 1890 the early 1900's based on the style of dress. All 6 ladies in the one photograph are wearing high neck, ruffled and lacy collared dresses and blouses which were prevalent around that time as pictured below:





I am sorry to advise that I am not uploading them right now to the site but I will soon. However, I felt the need to share with you my good news but be looking out for them in the very near future.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! I know how exciting it is to receive photos of family... I cried when I first received a photo of my great-grandfather. Enjoy your blog!

-Jennifer