Monday, March 10, 2008

African American Family History Seminar


The 3rd annual African American Family History Seminar took place on March 8,2008. It was a resounding success! We had a great turnout in terms of attendees. The keynote speaker was Ugo Parego with the Sorenson Foundation and he did a wonderful job. In addition, on behalf of the Sorenson Foundation provided free DNA testing to all interested attendees including myself. I can hardly wait for my results!

I taught a class this year, "Using Genealogy to Plan Your Family Reunion" and my class was almost full to capacity. As well, I got a lot of positive feedback.

Also, in attendance was news media staff, Karen Massie and Dana Howard.

I was on the planning committe for the event and everything flowed pretty much as planned with few unexpected occurences.

I am already looking forward to next year's event!

No comments: