Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter 2008


Easter came early this year on Sunday, March 23rd but I am late writing about it.

It started with me arising to the sound of the television ministries and sounds of praises around the world.

In honor of this very holy occassion, I read the story of Christ's journey to the Cross, his Crucifixion and Resurrection.

The previous week leading up to Easter, I attended a week long annual City-Wide Revival at St. Pauls Baptist Church. The event ended on Good Friday with a soul-stirring evening of praise, worship and sermon by a visiting pastor.

Praises went up and blessings and the holy spirit came pouring down!

It is so awesome to me to think about how many generations of not only my family but sooo many other family have been praising God around the world for over 2,000 years on Easter Day!

The day gives hope to multitudes of people, brothers and sisters of various colors, races, creeds and tongues who have a chance at eternal life through the blood of Christ. How awesome!

Imagine, finally meeting the long-lost ancestors that you have been researching for so many years? It was made possible all those many years ago with a selfless act by the Lamb of God!

I just want to say, thank you Christ for dying an agonizing death on a cross for the sins of mankind. I love you always. YOU LIVE!

No comments: