Thursday, January 24, 2008

Brittentine +Rest in Peace+



This article ran Tuesday, March 24, 1936 in Lima, Ohio.

Charles Brittentine 47 who died of acute alcoholism in city prison Sunday will be held at the Patterson funeral home at 2 p m Wednesday by the Rev Harvey Beasley Burial will be in Fletcher cemetery.

I had a while ago remember running across a document for regarding this same person who had been hospitalized twice for alchool recovery. Sadly, this poor gentleman lost his battle.

I am wondering whether he was related to my Brittentine line since as mentioned in an earlier blog, that the surname, Brittentine was uncommon. I only found it in Ohio, Virginia and Kentucky where my ggg-grandfather, Monroe Brittentine was born.

If anyone knew of this gentlemen or his family line, please let me know. Thanks

No comments: